What's New
  Meeting Notice
  Auto Repairers and Window Tinters
  License Verification
  Laws and Regulations
  Board Info
  Contact the Board
  Human Trafficking
  Public Records Policy
  Ohio State and Local Government Expenditure Database

Instructions for Application Completion

The registration application is a PDF file, files which require Adobe Acrobat to download. If you do not have Adobe on your computer, it can be acquired at no cost from their website:

Please Type or Print in black ink all information

  • Verify the information provided on the renewal is correct.

  • Provide the complete name, address, zip code+4, and county of the business.

  • Provide/Verify the FEIN (Federal employer/taxpayer identification number). This is the number the Internal Revenue Service uses to identify the person or business for taxpaying purposes. To obtain one contact the IRS at (800) 829-3676, ask for Form #SS4 Employer ID.

  • Provide the State Taxpayer withholding identification number. If you need an employer withholding permit , contact the Ohio Department of Taxation at (888) 405-4089 or use the Ohio Business Gateway to register on line at www.obg.ohio.gov

  • Provide/Verify your Worker's compensation identification number. This number is assigned to businesses paying insurance premiums for workplace injuries. To obtain a number contact the Ohio Bureau of Workers Compensation at (800) 644-6292. (Sole Proprietors with no employees are not required to have this ID number)

  • Provide/Verify your Ohio Department of Job and Family Services (ODJFS) Unemployment Compensation tax account No. To obtain one employers should complete a Report To Determine Liability (JFS 66300). This identifies those businesses required to provide monetary benefits to unemployed workers. To obtain the JFS 66300 Form, contact the Bureau at (614) 466-2319 or find it on their website http://jfs.ohio.gov/ouc/uctax/index.stm

  • Provide/Verify your Hazardous Waste Generator Number. Depending on the amount of waste you generate per month, your shop may or may not need a number. Refer to Ohio EPA's Guidance for Owners/Operators of Automotive Collision Repair Shops. This guide can be found at http://epa.ohio.gov/portals/27/pbr/PBRAutoguide.pdf For assistance, contact Ohio EPA's Office of Compliance Assistance and Pollution Prevention at 1-800-329-7518 or Division of Hazardous Waste Management at 614-644-2917

  • Provide/Verify your EPA Air Pollution Source Permit Number. For assistance, contact Ohio EPA's Office of Compliance Assistance and Pollution Prevention at 1-800-329-7518 or visit http://epa.ohio.gov/

  • Provide/Verify your local zoning designation

  • Provide your current vendor license number. This number is assigned to those businesses recognized by and allowed to conduct business transactions in the state of Ohio. To obtain one, contact the Department of Taxation (888) 405-4089, www.tax.ohio.gov.
    Circle business type: Corporation, partnership, sole proprietorship, LLC. Provide the name, address, and telephone number for each company, owner, partner, shareholder, or other associated entity that has an ownership interest in that business.

  • Sign the initial application in the presence of a notary public; they will countersign and affix a seal on the application. This section is mandatory By signing you are providing a sworn statement indicating that the business being registered meets or exceeds all federal, state and local requirements related to the operation of a motor vehicle repair business.

  • Each renewal application is to be accompanied by a check in the amount of $228.50 ($3.50 administration fee for new e-Licensing system.) made payable to Treasurer of the State of Ohio, CRB. The application will not be processed without payment. All returned checks will result in a $40.00 fee. Late fees are .82 cents per day after 30 days.


If you had a signage or address change since your previous renewal/application please provide 2 photographs

  1. One print must show the sign and the building together or side view of the mobile unit.

  2. The second print must show the street leading to your business (ingress & egress) with your business in the background (usually this can be accomplished by going across the street and taking the picture) or rear view of the mobile unit.

    Mobile business' one picture of the side of vehicle and the other picture of the inside of the work/storage area of the vehicle. Photographs can be Polaroid, digital or prints. The digital or print photographs must be 3 x 5 minimum on 8 ½" x 11 paper. Label pictures with shop name and address. Digital images may be emailed to OBMVR@crb.state.oh.us.

Proof of Insurance

  • We need to verify General Liability and Garage Keepers insurance coverage. Insert in space provided your renewal/expiration date of coverage. Request from your agent / insurer a CERTIFICATE OF LIABILITY INSURANCE COVERAGE On this form they will have the dates of coverage, limits and they will list us as Certificate Holder (notifying us of any changes to your policy). We do not accept copies of declaration pages.

  • Included with your Certificate of Coverage should be the name, address, fax number and phone number of your agent for verification or questions regarding your coverage. COI's may be faxed to (614) 995-0717.

  • Contact us if you have any questions:
    Phone Number: (614) 995 - 0714
    Fax Number: (614) 995 - 0717


  1. Application Notarized (Initial application only)

  2. Check for $228.50 (Made out to "Treasurer of the State of Ohio, CRB")

  3. Certificate of Insurance (Verifying coverage of Garage Keepers and General Liability)

  4. Pictures (2) (Initial application only)